Home / Dwelling


Home insurance, also commonly called hazard insurance or homeowner’s insurance is a type of insurance that covers private homes. In general, policies cover the dwelling itself, personal property and liability for accidents on the premises, however when comparing or purchasing home insurance, you should verify what is and is not covered.

Most home insurance policies exclude coverage for Flood damage, whether caused by an overflowing body of water, poor yard drainage or a clogged storm sewer, so separate Flood insurance policies are available.

In addition, Mobile Homes and non-commercial Farms require a different type of home insurance as do dwellings leased to someone else (where you are the Landlord) or leased from someone else (where you are the tenant).

One of our licensed Property & Casualty insurance agents in our Personal Lines department can provide you with all of the information you need to choose what coverage is right for your dwelling and your personal situation.

Call, click or stop by today to get your personalized quotes.


Image by Francesca Tosolini